Wednesday, January 17, 2007

HELP

The following statement is from a previous post that caused a misunderstanding, "Now I know that there were people in Scripture who prayed for help, which tells me it is not wrong. It is good to pray for help." Those of you who thought that I said that the point of my post was that praying for help is wrong, I am sorry. That was never my intention. However, I am excited to see people thinking about God's Word.

There has been and will be many more times when I will fall to my knees and call out to God for Help. When I do that, I am declaring my dependence on Him all over again because I probably was trying to do things on my own and He placed me into the "Fire"(suffering) and all that was left was Him. This is illustrated by the verse below. Read the context, the man is facing a hard time and understands that His belief in Christ is not what it should be and begs for help. This happens in my life from time to time.

Mark 9:24
"Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

However, everyday as I declare my dependence on Him and am not trying to do it on my own, I find myself praying beyond just "HELP". Through this challenge, I have grown closer to God. I definetely have not "arrived" yet, but there is much joy in resting in God. I am learning to be still, and know that HE IS GOD!

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

2 comments:

heidi said...

Now I get it!!! We can ask for help but there are other ways to ask too!Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding for me!

-heidi

CEDGIE said...

Not to be rude but thats what i have been saying the whole time peoples ok sorry its ok. Well yes mr.n thats a great challenge and will help me with my prayer life.