Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Lamb is our Shepherd

"For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." -Revelation 7:17; ESV

What an amazing thing to consider; Jesus Christ is not only the Lamb that was crucified for us on the cross, but because of that He is now our Shepherd, who gives us every good thing that we need for life. Praise the Lord that He is BIG enough to do both!! Praise the Lord for His sufficient grace!! One day we will no longer have to go through pain or have tears. I can't wait, come quickly Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Mrs.A said...

The longer I am here, the more eager I am to be there.

I am waiting for the dawning
Of the bright and blessed day,
When the darksome night of sorrow
Shall have vanished far away;
When forever with the Savior,
Far beyond this vale of tears,
I shall swell the song of worship
Through the everlasting years.

I am looking at the brightness,
See, it shineth from afar,
Of the clear and joyous beaming
Of the Bright and Morning Star.
Through the dark grey mist of morning
Do I see its golden light;
Then away with every shadow
Of this sad and weary night.

I am waiting for the coming
Of the Lord who died for me;
O His words have thrilled my spirit,
"I will come again for thee."
I can almost hear His footfall
On the threshold of the door
And my heart, my heart is longing
To be with Him evermore.

Anonymous said...

amen :)